Typically these first few months of the year are spent in hibernation and a splash of that seasonal depression (aka in bed when it gets dark at 6pm because whyyyy). BUT. A few things have really helped me embrace my inner winter-bee this year...
- Actual warm winter clothes. This seems very obvious. But once you appreciate an oversized parka, any and all gloves, maybe some knee highs; the winter world is your oyster.
- C Glack. He makes everything more fun. So snow days are basically Christmas all over. And you KNOW how I feel about Christmas.
- Homemade Pot Pie. I'm no food blogger. But I will tell you, every winter day is better with my homemade pot pie. #notsohumblebrag #commentfortherecipe (LOL bye).
- Creating a list of things I'm looking forward to. To keep the dark and dreary January days a little more exciting. Currently on my list I have:
- Leading worship at church this weekend.
- Decorating for Spring.
- Shooting photos with Gabby. (Exhibit A is above. Doesn't she just slay the game you guys?!! Thankful for her).
- Seeing "The Greatest Showman."
- Going back to the dance studio. (Ninth Street Dance here has some amazing adv. ballet drop in classes. My right leg is officially immobile after yesterday's barre).
A list within a list. I have hit my peak you guys.
Photos by Gabby Whiten Photography