The Best 2017 Hallmark Christmas Movies
It’s no secret that I live for Hallmark Christmas movies. And if you’re here reading this particular post, than we are probably kindred spirits. Although I need to be honest and share that rating this year’s movies was 100% Christian’s idea. In fact he was so adamant about it that he wrote down a running list of all the titles so we could make notes to remember and compare how we felt about each one. He’s v into this.
Note: This list will be edited each time we watch a new movie. Once it has premiered and/or once we're back in Charlotte and can watch the ones DVR'd for us : )
OK. Without further ado...
The Best 2017 Hallmark Christmas movies
- so far - from favorite to least:
- A sweet, romantic twist on the classic Secret Santa game. Slash a Christmassy "You've Got Mail" kind of thing. Loved the main actors, and it was pleasantly unpredictable. I'd watch it again, which is why this is currently my favorite!
- It's just that... there wasn't as much beautiful wintery scenery as you normally get in a Hallmark Christmas movie, but it's still pretty much a 10/10.
- Candace Cameron Bure is just the best. So getting her double the amount in 1 movie meant it was going to be a good one. I'm biased, clearly. But the storyline was fun and it was just everything you love in a Hallmark Movie x 2.
- It's just that... the twin's personalities were the same to me which kind of made the "switch" less dramatic. But like I said, CCB still wins all.
- The perfect kind of Hallmark lead, with beautiful scenery and once again pleasantly unpredictable. Definitely team #KeepTheTree, tbh.
- It's just that... besides the acre of land the tree sits on this one's also missing the wintery landscapes a bit.
- Maybe because this is one of the first I watched this season, or because it was nice to have some new actors, but I'm a fan. May not have been the most realistic, but I'd watch it again!
- It's just that... her hair bothered me for some reason, it was so stiff??
- A sweet bookstore worker runs her bike into a handsome guy who gets amnesia and she has to help him remember?! Romantic Christmas movie gold.
- It's just that... not sure if they really made sense as a couple chemistry wise.
- I thought this one would actually rank higher for me, because the whole concept of the story was really great, and different, and a handful of bigger names were included. And we liked it! But didn't love it. I did see it was based off of a book, which is maybe why the pace was a little off.
- It's just that... without giving anything away, the ENDING.
- Actually a fun storyline with a good love triangle, but I just couldn't really get on board with the lead actress. (I know I know it's Danica!! But it just didn't feel belevable with her).
- It's just that... it makes a difference you know!
- A few funny moments, and the storyline was cute! Gorgeous scenery with a lot of potential for the love story to be good, just maybe not quite there.
- It's just that... I think I wish the sister would have been the lead.
- Probably not the best writing and acting... but sometimes the best part is the making fun part? Knowing you're still going to watch the whole thing because it's Christmas and Hallmark and you love it anyways.
- It's just that... didn't quite connect to the characters.
- Dancing? YES. Real life married couple co-starring? YES. So much potential!!! But wasn't quite there.
- It's just that... it was a little too predictable I think.