Thank you to these sweet bloggers Whistles & Clovers, Brazen Brunette, and This Side of Paradise for nominating me for The Liebster Award! An award passed around between newer bloggers in hopes of encouraging connection and support within our writing community, and for these bloggers to share more of what they are all about! Cutest. So, I'm answering the 11 questions given to me and nominating a few other girls I've been admiring from afar to do the same.
1. What made you decide to start your blog? I mean I go way back to the Xanga days ((embarrassing I know)), but all forms of blogging have intrigued me for as long as I can remember. I had a personal blog for years that no one read, because no one knew about it, before I finally became brave and went “public” with a .com and the whole thing.
2. What has been your favorite part about blogging? Writing is a way that I naturally express myself, and probably the first reason it's always been something I've loved. But in honesty I just love the whole process. I love taking photos, designing graphics, creating content, scheduling posts. I loved the long tedious task of creating a website and editing the design and continually researching everything I don’t know how to do yet. I enjoy the beginning stage of an initial post/collaboration/dream/idea, and then working through all the steps to create a finished product. It’s so fulfilling seeing something through from beginning to end, probably the planner/goal setter coming out in me.
3. Who is your celebrity bff? Giuliana Rancic, are you kidding me? Ob-sessed. That girl speaks all of my love languages: fashion, abbreviations, and E! News. Love her forevs.
4. Who are your style icons? Olivia Palermo and Kat Tanita.
5. What is your perfect cocktail? Mojito. Always.
6. Favorite travel destination? So far? Europe is the most exciting, and I should really go back, ASAP. For a vacation though I'm all about the tropics, so Cabo, Mexico.
7. Who is your celebrity crush? Currently, Sam Hunt. I meannnnn.
8. What is your guilty pleasure? If we're talking about TV, pretty much every reality show. I should probably call that a guilty pleasure.
9. What is your favorite thing to write about in your blog? I obviously love fashion and makeup and beauty, but even in that my writing is usually more about whatever experience happened that day. I like reading stories or relating to some else's life, which is what usually comes out in my writing.
10. What is your go-to piece in your closet that you can't live without? My ripped jeans, graphic tee, and gold bar necklace. Actually I basically described what I wear every. single. day.
11. What is your dream for your blog? I love doing this. I love blogging. So whether I'm writing to only myself for the rest of my life, I just hope I get to do it for as long as it's still fun and exciting for me : )