5 Traits of a "Go-Getter"
Let me preface by saying this… I’ve binged watched my share of Netflix series on the couch while eating straight from a Nutella jar. And I think every successful person, thriving-business lady, or busy student can probably say the same thing. But the point isn’t to spend your whole life going and living and exhausting yourself at the speed of lighting 24/7. The point of being a “Go-Getter,” ((and why it should matter)) is because at some point we need to choose to live on purpose. And if we’re living on purpose, then we are getting things done and we’re finding success in the mess.
SO. With that being said! I wanted to compile a list of traits all about the “Go-Getter” kind of girl. It’s a list complied of my own learned experiences, but mostly they are traits I’ve observed from people I admire because of their purpose-filled lives (!!!). OK, here we go.
- To-Do Lists. These to me are more precious than a planner my friend. I’m obsessed. My phone is constantly and annoyingly always out of storage room, and it’s probably because I have hundreds of “notes” filled with daily to-do lists. I feel like I always say this, but the truth is that you’re 80% more likely to get things done if you’ve written it down! Aka get your to-do lists going.
- Routines. I had a roommate who was perfectly routined (s/o to you Dots if you’re reading this!! Xoxo). She got SO MUCH done and was super successful in her ventures because she knew the value of routine. There’s something right that happens when you train yourself to create good habits. Good habits create good routines which create a consistently purpose-filled type of day.
- Endurance. It’s that can’t stop won’t stop kind of attitude. Meaning when it gets hard chasing your dreams ((because it does sometimes)), you make the decision to keep going and to keep working hard. In rejection, endure. In investing when it feels like there’s no return, endure. When your faith is tested, endure. “And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us” Hebrews 12:1.
- Bravery. Failure isn’t the biggest thing to be afraid of; regret from never trying is. And here’s the thing you guys, it’s scary!! Being brave means making that first step that’s the hardest. Whether it’s creating that great new habit or enduring when it feels so tough. Whether being brave for you is actually checking things off your to-do list, or if it’s becoming vulnerable and admitting to someone that you were wrong. Be brave because it’s worth it.
- Refreshment. What refreshes you? Maybe it’s taking a few days off and saying “It’s ok that I can’t DO IT ALL.” Because it is ok. You’re not meant to do it all. Choose the specific things that you ARE meant to do! And move forward in that. Maybe it’s more sleep ((amen?!)). I need at least 8+ hours you guys. I’m not one of those hardcore babes that can function on 5 hours of rest, and that’s ok. I also need my space to be alone. My introverted tendencies mean that I’m reenergized after getting time to be by myself going shopping or sitting in Starbucks writing a blog post lol. Most importantly, as a believer, it’s being in the Word daily. Spending time with the one who ultimately refreshes my soul.
These aren’t revolutionary thoughts I’m sure. But if nothing else maybe they are a reminder to focus on what matters. Or maybe these traits will inspire you to decide to go for whatever it is you’ve been scared of going for! Don’t forget to live today on purpose, you guys. Because you have SO MUCH PURPOSE.